Our skin is our body’s largest organ, yet we often neglect its care. Many of us know the types of food to avoid that cause chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes. But do you know what foods can help maintain youthful, healthy skin? 6 everyday foods that can help your skin stay healthy and keep you looking youthful:
- Herbs – Herbs contain a large amount of antioxidants, helping you to protect against sun damage.
- Almond milk – Almond milk is an excellent substitute for dairy. Dairy milk is highly inflammatory, aggravating acne, wrinkles, and rashes.
- Dark chocolate – Dark chocolate is rich in cocoa flavanols and antioxidant properties that help hydrate skin and improve circulation. To enjoy the benefits without the weight gain, experts recommend sticking to 28 grams a day.
- Green tea – The high level of antioxidants in the drink helps to boost blood flow and oxygen to the skin, delivering key nutrients for a healthy complexion.
- Kale – Leafy greens are key to a healthy diet and in this case, kale is one of the best foods for healthy skin.
- Water – Proper hydration is key to healthy skin.
If you need expert advice from a nutritionist or dietitian, call us at +65 6679 7867 or email us at email@example.com and our friendly medical concierge will be on hand to assist you.